How Successful Is Hair Transplantation?Home » Hair Transplant » How Successful Is Hair Transplantation?
Hair transplantation in Istanbul, Turkey is an indisputable point as the success rate. 98 percent success is achieved in hair transplantation. In addition, the techniques developed in hair transplantation have a positive effect on the duration and performance of the transplantation. It is possible to say that it gives better results than the herbal medicines used.
How to Perform a Natural Looking Hair Transplant
Hair transplants are done to add more hair to an area on your head that may be thinning or balding. It’s done by taking hair from thicker parts of the scalp, or other parts of the body, and grafting it to the thinning or balding section of the scalp. Worldwide, about 60 percent of men and 50 percent of women experience some form of hair loss. To address this, people often use over-the-counter products, including topical. Hair transplant is another restoration method.
First hair transplant
The first transplant was performed in 1939 in Japan with single scalp hairs. In the following decades, physicians developed different methods such as fue or fut. Over time, surgeons began using mini and micro grafts to minimize the appearance of transplanted hair on the scalp.
Does hair transplant work?
Hair transplants are typically more successful than over-the-counter hair restoration products. But there are some factors that need to be known. These are;
- Know that the transplanted hair will fully grow back in an estimated three to four months.
- Like regular hair, transplanted hair will thin over time.
- Remember that hair transplantation can be done in the amount of hair follicles that usually contain hair beneath the skin but no longer grow hair
- If you have epidemic diseases such as hepatitis, there may be changes in hair growth and transplantation technique.
Who is not a candidate for hair transplant?
- widespread thinning and baldness
- hair loss due to chemotherapy or other hormone medications
- thick scalp scars from injuries
Side effects of hair transplantation
Even if there are no severe side effects compared to surgical operations, I would like to mention a few side effects so that you will not be surprised when you see them.
- crust or pus drainage around the surgical sites
- scalp pain, itching, and swelling
- inflammation of hair follicles (folliculits)
- losing sensation around the surgical sites
Who to Trust?
Hair transplantation is a serious surgery that looks simple. Although it is mainly performed by hair transplant specialists, it should still be done under the supervision of a doctor. When any medical intervention is required, it should be treated immediately. In abnormal situations, the doctor himself can intervene. How Successful Is Hair Transplantation
Find a surgeon
Here are some tips for when you’re looking for a hair transplant surgeon:
- Select only a licensed, certified surgeon.
- Pay attention to the surgeon’s expertise in hair transplantation procedures.
- Confirm a record of successful transplant procedures — ask to see a portfolio.
- Read reviews about them to get an idea.